Dr Naveen Kumar H R
MS, MCh Plastic surgery,Fellowship in Reconstructive Head neck & Microsurgery, DAFPRS, Cosmetic surgery fellowship
Consultant, Department of Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery
Richmond Road, Bengaluru
Dr Naveen Kumar HR did his MBBS form JSS Medical college mysore. He did his MS from Bangalore medical college and then completed MCh superspeciality in Plastic and reconstructive surgery from Christian medical college vellore. He further did his reconstructive microsurgery training in Tata Medical center , Kolkata which is specialised nodal center for treating cancer patients for entire north east part of India. He also had cosmetic surgery training under Dr Giovani Botti in Italy, which is recognised by international society of aesthetic plastic surgeons (ISAPS). He has done exclusive training for hair transplant under renowned hair transplant surgeons in India.
Dr Naveen is specialised in reconstructive microsurgery which helps in treating trauma patients who present with complex injuries of upper and lower limbs. In his 10 years of clinical experience he has treated many patients presented with crush injuries and saved limbs from undergoing amputation. Also, his microsurgery skills are evident in reattaching severed fingers and hand.
He is specialised in reconstruction of complex head and neck defects in cancer patients. His numerous successful reconstructions of oral cavity, jaw bone, tongue cancers using various combinations of muscle and bone made significant improvement in quality of life of cancer patients.
He has special interest in the field of hair transplant and expert in FUE method of hair implantation. The procedure is minimally invasive and scarless and has appreciated well by his satisfied clients.
In addition, his interest in cosmetic surgery had helped many patients to regain their confidence. He is board certified cosmetic surgeon who had done many cosmetic procedures like liposuction, breast surgery, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery procedures in international clients.
His Surgical interest include limb saving reconstructive procedures, finger rejoining surgeries (replantation), head neck reconstruction in cancer patients and cosmetic surgery.
Tata Medical Center (2017)
Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery
Villa Bella Cosmetic Surgery (2016)
Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship
Christian Medical College, Vellore (2013)
MCh (Plastic Surgery)
Bangalore Medial College and Research Institute, Bangalore (2009)
MS (General Surgery)
J.S.S. Medical College, Mysore, India (2003)
- Association of plastic surgeons of India.
- Indian association of aesthetic plastic surgeon
- Association of surgeons of India
- Reviewer : Journal of plastic and Aesthetic research
- Got best paper award in national and state level conference.
- Complex upper and lower limb reconstruction, Revascularization and replantation at finger, wrist and forearm level, Free flaps for upper and lower limb defects.
- Extremity sarcoma defect, Head & Neck reconstruction (post-oncologic treatment)
- Mandible fracture, Leforts fracture, Zygoma fracture
- Cleft lip, cleft palate and secondary cleft lip nose deformity correction
- Rhinoplasty, liposuction, abdominoplasty, breast reduction and augmentation and facial plastic surgery.
- "Management of scalp defects due to high-voltage electrical burns – A case series and proposed algorithm to treat Calvarium injury”: in European Journal of Plastic Surgery (February 2016, Volume 39, Issue 1, pp 29–36)
- Published 24 papers in National and International Journals
- “Modified elbow splint for post-operative cleft lip and palate cases – Letter to the Editor”: in The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal. 2012; 49(1):123-123
- “A rare case of Sub mucous cleft palate wit Palatal fistula – Case report and Literature review”: in Me- e-journal, MGR medical university (January - February 2013 Volume - 3 Number - 1)
- “Isolated nasal bone osteomyelitis and its management – A case report”: J Clin Biomed Sci 2014; 4(2):286-88
- “Fluid infused and the urine output on first day of post burn patients – An Audit report”: in CMC Audit Journal Oct 2013
- “Procalcitonin Promising biomarker in burns sepsis patient”: Indian journal of burns (Original article)
Awards & Presentations
- “Retospective study of cases with Necrotizing fasciitis and management”: Surgical Society meet, Bangalore (Sep’08) [First prize]
- “A rare case of Abdominal Inflammatory Pseudotumour and management”: Annual Conference KSC- ASI South zone (Feb’09)
- “A case series on management of complex scalp defects due to high voltage contact electrical burns and its management”: Association of Plastic Surgeons of India National level conference , Lucknow (Nov’12)
- “Reconstruction of type III maxillary defect using 3D prototype and titanium mesh”: Association of Plastic Surgeons of India National level conference , Mumbai (Dec’15)
- “Post traumatic orbital floor reconstruction using iliac bone graft – A case series”: Tamilnadu plastic surgery association (Feb’16)
- “Intra flap fabrication for reconstructing complex head and neck defects”: West Bengal Plastic surgery meet, Kolkata (Feb’17)
- “Limb salvage in a patient of upper extremity sarcoma using free fibula flap”: West Bengal Plastic surgery meet, Kolkata (Sep’17)